All degrees are conferred by the vote of the Board of Trustees on the recommendation of the faculty. Such recommendation is based not only on the fulfillment of the minimum course requirements, but the quality and coherence of the student’s program as a whole including assessment reviews with faculty and peers.
1. Satisfactory completion of all academic requirements including supervised ministry, clinical components, and assessments. Completion of the last thirty hours in residence at Northern is required. A minimum of 33% of the M.Div program and 50% of the MACM must be completed on Northern Seminary’s main campus.
2. Completion of all degree program requirements in no more than seven years from the time of matriculation for an M.Div and five years from the time of matriculation for a two-year masters program.
3. A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 is necessary for graduation with the M.Div or MACM. A 2.70 grade point average is required in the DMin program.
4. Students must submit the “Application for Graduation” to the Registrar’s Office by February 1 of the year they intend to graduate.
5. Clearance with the Student Services Center (Business Office and Library) of all financial obligations to the Seminary by May 15 of the year of graduation.
6. A request to graduate in absentia must be approved by the Registrar no later than the first Friday in May.
Click HERE to download an Application for Graduation.