Books are mailed to Northern Seminary students, staff, and faculty. Curbside pick-up is also available for library patrons who live in the Lisle area.
I-Share Online Catalog: If you cannot locate a book in Search Everything, then try the I-Share Online Catalog.
- Read all the details on how the new I-Share service works.
- There are limitations on I-Share services due to COVID-19. Note that as of fall 2020, I-Share requests are taking 1-2 weeks to be filled.
- Searches library materials at 88 other Illinois academic libraries.
- Or search only for library items in the Northern Seminary Library online catalog.
- You can also find items in the Lisle library that are placed on course reserves.
WordCat: If you cannot find what you are looking for in I-Share, expand your search to libraries all around the world by searching WorldCat.
- You will need your Northern Seminary email address and password to login to WorldCat.
- You can click on the ILL icon to place an online request for library materials that you find in WorldCat.
- Items with the green ACTS icon are available from one of the ACTS libraries, most of which are also part of I-Share.
If you are searching for D.Min. theses, there are two special databases that you will want to use:
- Instructions for searching for D.Min. theses are available by clicking here.
- Locate D.Min., D.Miss., and annual conference papers by searching in ATLA’s Research in Ministry (RIM) database.
- If you find a thesis or conference paper in RIM that you want to read, see if you can download an online copy from TREN, the Theological Research Exchange Network. You will need your Northern Seminary email address and password to download TREN e-docs.
Follow the links in the menu at the top of the page to find online resources like library databases, other libraries, or other kinds of freely available Internet resources.
Do you need assistance locating library resources?
|When chat is offline, click button to send a question for an email response.|
Call the front desk at (630) 620-2156 or email the library at email@example.com.