- Men who are pastoral students and both men and women studying for all other vocational ministries
- Successful achievement, in fidelity to the Gospel, with respect to their academic endeavors involving courses in ministry;
- Financial need;
- Willingness to be mentored in developing a relationship with one of our Foundation representatives; and
- Acceptance into graduate-level theological studies and beyond.
- An active member of a cooperating church of the Baptist General Association of Virginia (BGAV) for at least one (1) year prior to the initial application for funds. Applicant must be recommended according to the guidelines included on the Church Endorsement Form. The endorsing church must contribute financially to the Virginia portion of the Cooperative Missions budget.
- Enrolled, or accepted for enrollment, in undergraduate study at an institution accredited by a Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) recognized accrediting agency or enrolled in graduate theological study at an institution fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) or CHEA-recognized professional schools. Enrollment must be verified.
- Agree not to apply for BGAV Ministerial Education Funds or BGAV College Scholarships simultaneously.
- Called and committed to religious service as a local church minister, missionary, chaplain, or denominational servant. Preference is given to persons from Virginia Baptist backgrounds and who plan their ministries in and through Virginia Baptist channels.
- Participate in a practical ministry experience of approximately 2-6 hours per week under a mentor. The Scholarships and Ministerial Education Funds Committee shall approve such practical ministry experiences and mentors.
- Participate in a video conference call with the BGAV Scholarship Committee. An unexcused absence may result in the applicant’s running the risk of forfeiting the scholarship.
The CM CARES Religious Scholars was created to support graduate-level students who are pursuing advanced degrees and are committed to ministry as a career. Students of all faiths are encouraged to apply.
- Twenty Five scholarship winners will each receive $2,500 to help pay for tuition, fees, books or other costs of attending school during the 2021-22 academic year.
- The application period runs February 9 through April 6, 2021, so students should apply as soon as possible. Winners will be announced in June by the Church Mutual Insurance Company Foundation.
Please see attached flyer for more details or go to www.churchmutual.com/cmcares-scholars
Barber Schlarship Applications Are Being Recieved For The 2021-2022 Academic Year