How do you afford seminary? Many students at Northern receive financial aid through a scholarship or grant or participate in our Partners in Ministry program. Our admissions counselors have been where you are, wondering if it is possible to follow God’s call into ministry, enhance knowledge, and sharpen skills without knowing how to answer financial questions. We want to help. Give us a call if you have questions.
Financial Aid Application Process:
(Steps 1-4 are required for all students seeking aid of any kind)
1. Apply for admission and gain acceptance into a Master’s-level degree program.
2. Complete the Northern Seminary one page Application for Financial Aid (download application here). Submit the completed Northern Application to the Financial Aid Office. This financial aid application, along with the completed FAFSA (see step 3), triggers your financial aid review.
3. Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid – Federal Student Code: G01736). Students are considered for Northern scholarships and grants only after completing the FAFSA.
4. Register for classes for the entire academic year with assistance from your pre-enrollment advisor/admissions counselor. Financial aid cannot be calculated until you register! Students must register for a minimum of 6 hours per quarter to qualify for financial aid.
5. If you would like to apply for federal loans, please see additional steps required in the Federal Loans section HERE.